Sunday 6 October 2013

Weekend Pamper #1

This is how I've always wanted the Internet to remember me:


My Space.NK goodie bag came with some fun cloth masks and a lovely Diptyque candle, so I did the obvious thing and had me a spa day. Everyone loves a spa day! Do the spa day dance! *Boogie*

Spa days, for me, require a bubble bath. I went straight for my Avon bubble bath in the new fragrance, Warm Vanilla & Fig. I didn't think I would like this scent, as I'm not a fan of food fragrances, and to be honest, when you open the bottle it's a little overwhelming. However, diluted in the bath, it's a very warm, inviting aroma that I find really comforting; perfect for a chilly autumn Sunday! It's available now, in the current campaign 16 brochure.


This lovely Diptyque votive goes well with the bubble bath with it's warm, clean scent. Apparently the Tuberose is a Mexican night flower, and according to Space.NK, the most expensive perfume ingredient in the world. Lush! They and Diptyque describe the scent as heady, sensual and floral, but luckily from me, I don't really get that from this votive. My nose is too sensitive for powerful florals, but instead I find the scent a delicate, indeed sensual, version of the companies' claims.


I was sure to lock the bathroom door this time, because my husband has a tendency to laugh when I wander around the house in my mud masks. Goodness forbid he walk into the bathroom and see me wearing these:


He'd have a heart attack, I'm sure. But I'm confident in the knowledge that the funnier it looks, the more it'll do, right? Right?? Both the Wei Ginko decolletage and Sarah Chapman Chin and Jaw masks are serums loaded into cloth masks. I'll admit, I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this method, but I do know the Wei mask evaporated rather fast after I removed the cloth, and the Jaw and Chin cloth felt a bit like Spanx for my face. And just like when putting on my Spanx, I was worried I might tear it while trying to sling it on. My tip is to stretch it out in the middle before attempting the ears.

Both of these are the sort of things that require repeat use to know if they work well. I can say that my decolletage certainly felt hydrated and soft afterwards, and I could feel the chin and jaw mask working (I get this worrying sensation like my throat is tightening, is that normal?), perhaps even more strongly than the Algenist Firming & Lifting cream which is showing fabulous results after two weeks of once daily use.

I would consider buying the Wei mask down the road for infrequent treatments when my cleavage is feeling dry and haggard. I just don't think I'd get much use out of it now, and hope regular moisturising can prevent me ever needing to. Maybe it would be a good post-sun/holiday treatment? Actually, what I could use is a boob lift. Is it wrong that I suddenly want to lather my breasts in Algenist cream? There are lots of firming lotions out there for it, and I mean, if it works on my chin...

The chin and jaw mask, though, just seems cost-prohibitive. £38 for 6 treatments is a definite no at regular use, yet it doesn't seem to have the visible results of a one-off treatment either. I did feel awfully posh, though, wearing both masks. I just needed some darling creature with soft hands to apply them for me and follow with a deep tissue massage, and I would've achieved spoilt nirvana. Otherwise a longer bathtub would be brills. Kthx.

What are your favourite pamper treatments?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...