Thursday 17 October 2013

Avon & Balance Me Haul

I've done maybe a little too much shopping recently, but I feel like I'm playing catch-up with the Avon products. It's also A/W offers season, and I have very little self control. Don't forget, if you're interested in any of the Avon products I mention, you can by them by clicking on the brochure link above. Without further ado...


Besides the highlighter I bought these to try out as demos, but they're all available for you to purchase in the current campaign 16. The whole bottom row of items are a giftset and I got the Antler bag on a discount with purchase. The palettes are also one set.
  • Mega Mix 'N' Go Palette (pp. 22-23) - This is awesome, but I keep forgetting to use it because I keep in in the Antler bag for showing off to clients.
  • Antler Cabin Bag (pp. 12-13) - Very simply and elegant bag and I love the mix of patent and matte finishes. Lots of room for stuff! I would actually consider using this as my Carry-on bag instead of my eons old backpack.
  • Ideal Luminous Highlighter (not currently available) - The glitter is minimal, but sadly any glitter is too much for me :(
  • Prepare to Party giftset (pp. 140-141) - love the clutch, I keep all my brushes in it these days. The lipstick comes in the colour Red 2000, which is on the scarlet side, but not too much so.


This is the Balance Me discovery box everyone has been all excited about. I'm reserving judgment until I can try these for a bit longer, but I'll admit I have high hopes for the hand cream and the face balm.


One of the nice things about being an Avon rep is that I can buy from clearance every campaign; the bag and two of the lipsticks are such items. The eye makeup remover, eye brush, concealer and eye primer are gifts with purchase of the mascara in campaign 15, so the offer isn't available now.
  • Conditioning Eye Makeup Remover (p. 34) - fairly good remover, but I don't think I'll get to it in ages, so I will probably give it away.
  • Eyeshadow Primer (p. 34) - This is really good, it makes my MUA eyeshadow sticks really pop!
  • Eyeshadow Brush with Smudger (not available in 16, ask me to order)
  • Ideal Flawless Concealer Stick in Medium (p. 49) - has a really natural finish that I like, and decent coverage.
  • Shine Attract Lipstick in Guava (not available in 16, ask me to order) - love love love this! Has a balmy finish, and the colour is divine. Think Bourjois Color Blast.
  • Plump Pout Lipstick in Chilli (no longer available) - Now this is my kind of red! It's deep shade and has no blue in it! Yay! Can't comment on the formula yet.
  • Ultra Colour Rich Matte Lipstick in Pink Cuddle (no longer available) - This is a middling to cooler nude pink shade. Sadly, I prefer a warmer one, though it's nice and I can see wearing it again.
  • Cosmetic Bag with Pendant (no longer available) - ooh, isn't that an exciting description?!  It has a lovely teal interior and basketweave satin-type outside
  • Mega Effects Mascara in Blackest Black (pp. 20-21)  - This reminds me exactly of Benefit's Bad Gal, only cheaper. Definitely dupe potential, and the brush is awesome. It's similar to a wand where the brush is bent 90 degrees.
Have you tried any of these products? What do you think?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...