Tuesday 22 October 2013

Love Me Beauty - October 2013


There's still a little bit left in the month, so despite my camera and time issues, I wanted to show you this month's Love Me Beauty box. I went with menu 2 even though I wasn't really sold on this month's offering.

Before I go on, however, I should mention the letter subscribers received recently. In it, Love Me Beauty responded to customer complaints saying, "It has come to our attention that some products dispatched in our October box from our long term partner's Lord & Berry have not met the high standards set by Lord & Berry and ourselves." As "a gesture of goodwill and apology", they've promised a full sized Lord & Berry lipstick in next month's box. 

Now this is only my third box from Love Me Beauty, but I can say that I've always liked the majority of their products, and I've been reading reviews on them for some time and it's nearly always positive. It's unfortunate they didn't notice the problem before shipping, but I admire them for responding so quickly, publicly, and personally.

I'm also new to Lord & Berry, having been introduced to them in my first box. Sadly, I don't have high praise for what I know of their products, so I wasn't surprised by my own reception of the pencil and mascara. However, I did a little googling and I found that aside from the obvious manufacturing fault that many (but not myself) found, the reviews were mixed, even contradictory. 

So I still don't think we should all condemn Lord & Berry at this point. Aside from the fact they are giving us a free product in return, the problem could simply be an easy to remediate supplier issue; these things happen. Let's just wait and see.


Lord & Berry Smudge Proof Eyeliner in Smoke: I couldn't recommend this product to anyone in good conscience. No, I didn't find the manufacturing fault, but I did find the quality of the pencil to be rather inferior. It was streaky and dragged even on the back of my hand. I also found it nearly impossible to get a decent colour payoff on my eyelid. That said, I've read at least one review in which is was described as "creamy", so it's entirely probable that more than one manufacturing fault was present in what went out in the boxes.

Lord & Berry Scuba Mascara in Black: I've only tried a couple waterproof mascaras, but this is the only one that felt like rubbing waxy chalk into my eyelids. It was absolutely dry as a bone, and I don't think I could bring myself to try it more than the once.

Balm Balm Detox Bath & Shower: What a lovely combination of essential oils! Just sniffing it brings a smile to my face. I'm saving this one for a Grumpy bath day.

Weleda Millet Nourishing Shampoo: Now, I don't normally shampoo my hair, but I put it up with a lot of hairspray recently, and my cleansing conditioner didn't remove it, so I was willing to try this out. It left me very confused. There was no lather, even when I added more, and no indication on the packaging that it shouldn't, and I didn't feel like it cleaned my hair much at all. Ouch.

Amie Morning Dew Matte-Finish Moisturiser: This is a very light moisturiser, with a very delicate fragrance. I absorbs quickly, and does leave the skin looking matte, but I felt like it left a kind of film on my skin. I'll be trying it more than just the once, though.


Have you tried any of these products before? What do you think of them?

<3

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...